Saturday 31 May 2008

Letter to an Unknown Reader

This is the last entry in the Spring Journal for 2008. Tomorrow it is June and June is not a spring month, no matter how cold. Many blogs seem written by surfers or students and are loud and noisy and trendy; I hope that this one has been slow and meditative and calm. And today it feels strange to finish this, to end these observations, these letters to you, the unknown reader.

I have kept a seasonal journal for three years now. The idea is to record the passing of a season, the three months day by day, as well as the cultural associations and events; Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Midsummer etc. The Spring Journal is the third season I have written about; two Autumns and two Winters, with mixed results. This Journal is different from the hand-written ones; less personal, or rather less about my family but no less intimate. Next year I will write a Summer Journal, and I will take what I have learned from this Journal and apply it; how many photos? What sort of text? How poetic, how creative, how family-based?

So if you have read this Journal and enjoyed it - or even if you haven't - and if you have any comments/suggestions please let me know. I can be contacted at stonesandwater@gmail.com

In the meantime, thanks for reading and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

David x

No comments: